Our project managers recommend following our software development methodology throughout the software development process within our organisation for assured quality. The development methodology is comparable to some of the best in the Industry. Newcomers into an ongoing project also can easily catch up with this software development methodology.
Some of the projects and clients demand alternatives to the existing methodology in the organisation. The flexibility of our software development methodology accommodates the changes our development team has to adapt.
The seven steps we follow in Software Development Methodology are discussed below.
I. Project Activation
- Clarity about the objectives and scope is obtained.
- The sources of business knowledge are explored.
- A preliminary software development timeline and the approximate cost is determined, based on the functional point analysis.
- A project plan document is made.
- The number of customer interactions required to finalize the project plan is determined. The approval of the project plan is followed by the next life cycle stage.
- Initial understanding is established with the client, by acquiring any existing document related to the software project and by means of conference call.
- An entity relationship diagram is brought forth, for consideration.
- An outline business model formally valid with the customer is made.
- The process logic and business rules are evaluated.
- It is ensured that the detailed business model is up to date.
III. Project Planning
- A sketch of the system structure is prepared.
- The scope of data and procedure interactions is described.
- Software design accuracy and completeness is verified.
- A scheme for technical design is developed.
- The technical context and software requirements are explained to the client.
- The data structures are formulated.
- The client is reminded separately about it with due versioning of the software design document.
- The final Technical Software Design Document is completed and freezed.
- The software project plan document is rechecked if necessary.
- Requirements of change are collected after the design is proposed.
IV. Project Improvement
- The environment is prepared for the software development methodology.
- The development procedures and conventions including configuration Management and source code control are prepared.
- The Database Environment is set up.
- Test Data and system documents are produced.
- Coding is done by Programmers with class level, method level and inline software documentation.
- Unit testing by individual developers facilitated.
- Our weekly deliveries provide clients with opportunities to check out the codes.
- The technical software design document is revisited if necessary.
- Stream testing (both Internal and External) is done by our QA team.
- Metrics about change in design documents during software development is gathered.
V. Project Testing
- Integration Tests are carried out.
- System Tests are executed.
- Benchmark and load tests are performed.
- Acceptance tests are put into effect.
- Training deliverable, user deliverable and implementation deliverable are made ready.
- Metrics on requirements and frequency of change are gathered.
VI. Project Deployment
- The production system is fixed.
- The Users are instructed.
- Action is taken in critical situations. (Another requisite of this phase is the insertion of some of the members of the development team at the client site.)
VII. Post Deployment Evaluation
- Aids you to draw new dimensions regarding project management from the acquired experience, which may enable one to be aware of the possible pitfalls in future.
The benefits of following a systematic software development methodology are undeniable.
Join hands with us and let your firm profit from the experience.